The current planned admission number for Flushing C of E Primary School each September is 12.
All applications for school places have to be made to a parent’s home Local Authority. Parents are no longer able to apply direct to a school for a place for their child. If you live in Cornwall your home Local Authority is Cornwall Council. A scheme has been determined which outlines the processes and timetable which will govern applications for school places which are not made at the normal point of entry to a school. This scheme will apply to all schools in Cornwall, including Voluntary Aided, Foundation, Academy and Trust Schools. Please click on the link below for more details.
For children to learn effectively, we believe that it is vitally important that we build a close partnership with each child’s family. This partnership begins prior to the child being admitted to our school.
Currently children join our school from a range of pre-school settings e.g. playgroups, pre-schools and nurseries in Penryn, Falmouth, Truro and Mylor.
In June parents receive an invitation to an evening meeting for parents of the September admissions. This is led by the Headteacher and class teacher.
The meeting aims:
- to give information about routines etc when new children start school;
- to outline what the children will be doing in their class based on Early Years policy;
- to give information about the forthcoming Foundation Stage Assessment.
- to give an opportunity for parents to share information about their children and ask questions about the school.
We also extend:
- an invitation for the children to visit their new class for two or three sessions in July, giving children an opportunity to try out activities in their new environment.
- an invitation to Sports Day where they can join in a Pre-Schoolers’ race.
A mixed age range class that caters for Foundation and Nursery aged pupils, is a positive and stimulating environment for young children. Meeting the needs of all the children requires excellent organisation and deployment of staff and volunteers. Therefore we are very clear and consistent about our provision for part time Foundation pupils, sessions are delivered Monday to Friday from 8.55am - 3.15pm.
Please see the links below to documents that tell you the arrangements for Admission to Reception classes in September and In year admissions: