Wherever possible we aim to link subjects to each topic, but only if the links are strong and meaningful.
In September 2023 the school switched to a new provision. The composition of the classes changed to the following:
Starfish > Year R & 1
Seals > Year 2, 3 & 4
Dolphins > Year 4, 5 & 6
The change of classes means the school has changed its curriculum offer in response to the pupil's needs.
The school's curriculum from intent to implementation to impact is explained in the main document below.
- Access to PE Festivals and competitions across all year groups (through the Penryn Partnership).
- Residential for Years 5 and 6 on a cycle that includes camping and other outdoor adventurous activities.
- Swimming lessons for all the children (5.5 hours per year).
- Public performances that includes a nativity, extended musical production and regular church services.
- Fund raising for local/national charities and community groups.
- Visitors and workshops that reflect the diverse nature of British society.
- Regular trips linked to class topics.